Australia Car

Australian car repair Issues? Ask an auto mechanic for answers ASAP

I want to be able to repair my rear passenger door lock.

Customer Question
I want to be...

I want to be able to repair my rear passenger door lock

Mechanic's Assistant: What year is your Mitsubishi?

2001 Mitsubishi Lancer Cedia

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Lancer yourself? What have you tried so far?

I haven't tried anything yet

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Yes repairing myself

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Australia Car
10/2/2017
AU Auto Mechanic: Pete, Technician replied 10 months ago
Pete, Technician

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

If the door lock itself is not locking or unlocking on its own when you lock and unlock it electronically this can be a fault with the lock actuator/latch itself needing replaced.I have had to replace this before for this issue.If this is not what is occuring here or is not the question you are asking let me know.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete