Australia Car

Australian car repair Issues? Ask an auto mechanic for answers ASAP

I don't know the code to input for my Astra 2002 four door.

Customer Question
I don't know the...

I don't know the code to input for my Astra 2002 four door. I tried 5219 and also 1234 but no joy. Can you help?

Mechanic's Assistant: Just to clarify, what's the exact code? And have you tried to reset it?

I don't know the code as there is no record of it, so I was just guessing (checked on the internet and got 5219 and thought that maybe 1234 would work but they didn't).

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Astra yourself? What have you tried so far?

The only numbers I have input are 5219 and 1234 but it comes back as "safe" which means the codes are wrong. I know how to input the code, I just dont' know the code.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

No, although its not really a mechanical problem.

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Australia Car
9/28/2017
AU Auto Mechanic: Gary, Australia Car Mechanic replied 10 months ago
Gary
Gary, Australia Car Mechanic

Hello! My name is Gary.
Welcome to JustAnswer.
I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with a reply shortly.

If you don't have the security card in your glovebox, then your local Holden dealer is the next best bet. There is no record available to the public.

Safe mode shows how many attempts you have left.

Do not let it get to near Safe 0, then the unit needs to go to Germany to be reset.

Gary

Hello again,

Do you need any further help?

I hope my advice has been of assistance to you.

Kind regards

Gary