Australia Car

Australian car repair Issues? Ask an auto mechanic for answers ASAP

The steerin. The steering wheel is locked solid and the

Customer Question
The steerin Mechanic's Assistant:...

The steerin

Mechanic's Assistant: Okay, I'll connect you to the mechanic to discuss this further with you. Before I do, is there anything else you want him to know?

The steering wheel is locked solid and the ignition key won't turn to start the engine. Tried jiggling the wheel but it won't come free. It's 2013 cv hatch back

Mechanic's Assistant: Okay, I'll connect you to the mechanic to go over that information regarding your Subaru. Before I do, is there anything else you want him to know?

Not really

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Australia Car
9/28/2017
AU Auto Mechanic: Gary, Australia Car Mechanic replied 10 months ago
Gary
Gary, Australia Car Mechanic

Hello! My name is Gary.
Welcome to JustAnswer.
I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with a reply shortly.

Hello there,

With the steering wheel unloaded, if you can't turn the key after inserting the key, the lock barrel and/or key are worn.

Have you tried your 2nd key?

Gary

Hello again,

Do you need any further help?

I hope my advice has been of assistance to you.

Kind regards

Gary