Australia Car

Australian car repair Issues? Ask an auto mechanic for answers ASAP

I had a flat battery. Recharged it. I have recharged battery…

Customer Question
I had a flat...

I had a flat battery. Recharged it

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you tested the battery with a voltmeter? And can you see if it's leaking or not?

I have recharged battery and it is fully charged . reset clock . car still will not start

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Mercedes?

2012 amg c63

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your AMG C63 yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes myself as per the manual reset the clock

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Australia Car
Answered in 1 hour by:
9/26/2017
AU Auto Mechanic: Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems replied 10 months ago
Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems

Hi, I'm Chad. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question and I will be posting your reply ASAP.

Hey how are you

when the battery died , The anto theft system got triggered prevenytong start up,since you charged (make sure it is holding ) or replace if in doubt )

we need to reset the anto theft ,this isusualy done using Star Mercedes scaneer but we can try the manual way

do below procedure

Master reset Procedure

1- Disconnect Battery Cables ( Negative & Positive Cables )you can use any electrical wire as an extension if battery cables don't reach .

2- Hold cables Together for 60 secs ,then let go

3- Wait 30 minutes

4- Make sure all doors are closed

5- Reconnect battery Cables

6- Lock & unlock the vehicles using the key from driver door side (if you have a key fob with no blade key, just lock & unlock using the key fob buttons)

7- Enter the vehicle and attempt to start

If that does not work ,have it scanned and post fault back to me and i can help further,if there was no issue with the car prior the battery dying then it should work,but the battery dying is bad or weak or something causing that drain on it , this needs to be addressed ,to find a battery drain use below procedure

Battery Drainage Test

1- Voltmeter
2- settings on voltmeter will be on milli amps.
3- go across all the fuses in the car and see which one is reading higher than 0.3 to 0.5 milli amps
4- the fuse drawing more than 0.5 miili amps ,will be the suspected circuit that needs inspection for the drainage.

You are very welcome :)

Please Read Below How to Get Back in touch with Me

Please Take a Second and Click the Stars at the Top of Your Screen To Rate Me , So I May Receive my Credit , A 5 Stars Rating is Much Appreciatted

Follow Up Questions are Included in The Price of Your Question ,So Feel Free To Ask Me.

Please Keep in Mind that when you Rate Me , it Does Not End our Conversation.

You Can Always Come Back to this Conversation and Ask Me any Follow up Question you May have on this Issue

(You can Copy this Link Page & Paste it in your Browser when Ready and it will Open up our Conversation Again)

or there should be a Tab on your Screen to Add me As Your Favorite Expert

I'm Online Daily from 7 Am Till Late Eastern Time Zone

Thank You
Chad Farhat