Australia Car

Australian car repair Issues? Ask an auto mechanic for answers ASAP

Air Conditioining system appears to be working properly but…

Customer Question
Air Conditioining system appears...

Air Conditioining system appears to be working properly but is blowing warm air.

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the coolant level? Have you checked the hoses for leaks?

Yes all correct, checked hoses, gas levels, compressor belt, and compressor, can not find an issue?

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the make/model/year of your car?

Nissan Maxima 2010 J32 series

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Maxima yourself? What have you tried so far?

Took it to an auto electrician today he spent 2 hours could find nothing wrong.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Is it possible to get a schamatic of all the relays?

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Australia Car
9/25/2017
AU Auto Mechanic: eric remington,
 replied 10 months ago
eric remington

Hello

Eric here to help are the ac hoses on the low suction side cold when ac is activated?

AU Auto Mechanic: eric remington,
 replied 10 months ago

th​at is under the hood when ac is switched on do low side suction hoses get cold to the touch?

AU Auto Mechanic: eric remington,
 replied 10 months ago

hello

AU Auto Mechanic: eric remington,
 replied 10 months ago

what are pressure readings does compressor clutch engage

Thanks eric, when we took the compressor out it was covered in sump oil. Appears to be an oil leak in the gasket right above the compressor. My mechanic said this could be causing the issue and he is cleaning everything and replacing the "gasket".
We will test the system tomorrow. Thank you.
AU Auto Mechanic: eric remington,
 replied 10 months ago

y​es if the system leaks oil it leaks Freon too so if no Freon is in system it wont get cold so fix leak and recheck. PLEASE RATE ME

No the sump is leaking oil, the air conditioning system is not leaking Freon. Current diagnosis is that something is causing the computer in the car to turn off the A/C cooling sytem. Eveything checks out perfectly, then the computer just turns the cooling off? Thanks
AU Auto Mechanic: eric remington,
 replied 10 months ago

o​nce you get the system fully charged. see if it works if not see of compressor is receiving power and ground to compressor clutch if not let me know and I will help you troubleshoot electrical ac...make sense?