Australia Car

Australian car repair Issues? Ask an auto mechanic for answers ASAP

Bf xr6 auto gearbox stopped working,has fluid. Transmission…

Customer Question
Bf xr6 auto gearbox...

Bf xr6 auto gearbox stopped working,has fluid.

Mechanic's Assistant: Just to clarify, which fluid are you talking about? And what color and consistency is it?

Transmission fluid.looks brown in colour than red.

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the make/model/year of your car?

2007 xr6 ford falcon

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Falcon yourself? What have you tried so far?

Thinking before acting. basic checks then if to hard send to a workshop

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Can feel the trans sort of ingage but not go

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Australia Car
Answered in 1 minute by:
9/24/2017
AU Auto Mechanic: Gary, Australia Car Mechanic replied 8 months ago
Gary
Gary, Australia Car Mechanic

Hello! My name is Gary.
Welcome to JustAnswer.
I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with a reply shortly.

Hello there,

If the fluid level is correct, no leaks etc, then the next thing is scan for codes set in the PCM.

If the car does not drive at all, that could make it a little difficult for you.

Do you have a Ford dealer, or transmission shop near you?

Gary

Curtis
Curtis
Curtis, Australia Car Mechanic