Pete, Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing various model vehicles with some certifications and training.
14928985

I have changed the engine In my ford transit didn't realise

Customer Question

Hi. I have changed the engine In my ford transit didn't realise it would be so difficult. Have the computers from both. Has been with auto electricians for 2 months now they have managed to get it to start but the instrument cluster does not work and it won't change gears I'm guessing because the computer is not getting the info to change because the fuel pump from original engine was not changed the mechanics think this is the problem and only way to fix it is to get a brand new fuel pump which is 3 to 4 k I've already spent way more than expected any help would be appreciated thank you
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Australia Car
Expert:  Pete replied 27 days ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

If any parts are on your engine that are not compatible with your vehicles computers and wiring this can cause this issue here.The parts need to be installed that are fully compatible to resolve this issue here.In some cases this can require replacing a pump like this if the one on the vehicle is failing or is incompatible.In some cases you might be able to find one used instead of paying the high price for the new one.I would have the vehicle checked over fully to make sure all parts that are installed are compatible with your model vehicle.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete