TECHPRO49
TECHPRO49, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Owner at Baltic investments
99232115

My key won't turn in the ignition and the steering wheel is

Customer Question

my key won't turn in the ignition and the steering wheel is locked
JA: Have you applied constant pressure to the steering wheel while turning the key in the ignition?
Customer: yes, I think so
JA: What is the model/year of your Kia?
Customer: 2017 Kia rio 2010
JA: Are you fixing your Rio yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Just turning the steering wheel (how I got it locked) and the key, that is all
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: nope that is all
Submitted: 28 days ago.
Category: Australia Car
Expert:  TECHPRO49 replied 28 days ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** welcome to just answers! I will be assisting you with all of your vehicle questions today. Give me one moment while I review your question and come back with a answer. Please be aware I do not know your skill level or abilities so I will be asking a lot of questions and in a lot of cases we will respond to each other quite a lot before we find a solution. As far as phone calls are concerned that is the system prompting you, not me, and they do cost more money, I prefer text but in some cases a phone call is required. If I don’t answer right away or quickly in conversation I am helping another customer or have stepped out for a moment and will respond as soon as I can. Ok lets get started!

Expert:  TECHPRO49 replied 28 days ago.

so your really gonna have to pull on the wheel its going to have to go one way or the other, once it moves just a tad you will be able to turn the key

Expert:  TECHPRO49 replied 16 days ago.

Please let me know if you have any further questions.
Now that I have posted a partial or complete answer, you will see you can rate me. The deposit you have already paid is not transferred to me until you rate me. I would like to receive nothing less than 5 star excellent ratings. So if we are not there yet, please reply and let me help more. If you're not pleased, let me know because rating bad does not result in a refund, there are better options. Rating now will not close this post nor prevent replying. Thanks Shawn.