Pete, Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing various model vehicles with some certifications and training.
14928985

Can you tell me how many psi must be in cylinders pressure

Hi
JA: Hello. How can I help?
Customer: Can you tell me how many psi must be in cylinders pressure in E320 cdi/
JA: Besides this, what condition is the car in?
Customer: ?
JA: What confuses you?
Customer: look good but is black smoke it has 220k on clock
JA: What year is your E320?
Customer: 2005 6 cyl long 3.2l
JA: Are you fixing your E320 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: injectors out and in check
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no thanks

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

Your engine is the 648.961.

Your compression needs to be between 29 and 35 bar ( 420 to 508 psi)

Your wear tolerance can be between 18 bar less then 29 ( 260 psi )

The difference tolerance between each cylinder for compression is 3 bar ( 43 psi)

If the compression is all in range here the engine compression is o.k,

The black smoke can be caused by an injector leaking down or allowing to much fuel into a cylinder.I have also seen a restricted engine air filter cause this issue needing replaced or on some models equipped with a mass air flow sensor this sensor can be faulty needing replaced as well.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete