Australia Car

Australian Car Repair Issues? Ask an Auto Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Australia Car

I can't find the crank angle sensor. 1989 holden astra 1.8

Customer Question
fuel injection. changed timing bi JA...
i can't find the crank angle sensor. 1989 holden astra 1.8 fuel injection. changed timing bi
JA: Okay, I'll connect you to the mechanic to help find that for your Saturn Astra. Before I do, is there anything else you want him to know?
Customer: holden astra 1989 changed timing belt and now it won't fire or oymp fuel
Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Australia Car
9/21/2017
AU Auto Mechanic: Gary, Australia Car Mechanic replied 2 months ago
Gary
Gary, Australia Car Mechanic

Hello! My name is Gary.
Welcome to JustAnswer.
I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with a reply shortly.

Was the engine running before changing the timing belt?

All the marks were lined up correctly?

The crank sensor is in the distributor.

Does it have spark?

Gary

Was running before hand all timing marks match but no spark and wont pump fuel

That's unusual.

Have you knocked something off, the distributor cap or some other connector?

Gary

No nothing that I can see

Can you verify the rotor button spins when you crank the engine?

it turns

Ok, so if the cam timing is definitely correct, you have either blown a fuse or damaged something that is causing no spark and no fuel.

Can you check all relays fuses are fitted, not blown etc?

Gary

No fuses blown don't know how to check the relays

Do you have a workshop manual?

I can't find an engine circuit diagram on the net, since it is an older model.

The factory manuals are printed, not like current models which are on line if you can access them.

If you can't see anything like a ground strap not reconnected etc, then you might need to have a tech look at it.

I've never had an engine not start up after a timing belt job.

Sorry I can't give you any further advice.

Gary

Gary
Gary
Gary, Australia Car Mechanic