Australia Car

Australian car repair Issues? Ask an auto mechanic for answers ASAP

Nissan Pathfinder TI 2006 my drivers side front door window…

Customer Question
Nissan Pathfinder TI 2006...

Nissan Pathfinder TI 2006 my drivers side front door window has gone down but only goes up an inch above the sill. I want to have a look at the mechanism

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Pathfinder yourself? What have you tried so far?

I am justr wanting to get the window up at this stage so that I can stop rain . I am likely going to try and get the parts and do the repair but that is not the priority now. just want the window up.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Not really probably just need a detail diagram on the best way to remove the trim or access the mechanism

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Australia Car
9/20/2017
AU Auto Mechanic: Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician replied 8 months ago
Mechanic01
Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician

Hello my name is ***** ***** welcome to just answers! I will be assisting you with all of your vehicle questions today. Give me one moment while I review your question and come back with a answer. Please be aware I do not know your skill level or abilities so I will be asking a lot of questions and in a lot of cases we will respond to each other quite a lot before we find a solution. As far as phone calls are concerned that is the system prompting you, not me, and they do cost more money, I prefer text but in some cases a phone call is required. If I don’t answer right away or quickly in conversation I am helping another customer or have stepped out for a moment and will respond as soon as I can. Ok lets get started!

hows everything going? did you get it fixed or do you still need help ?

AU Auto Mechanic: sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician replied 8 months ago
sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

This is most likely due to a mechanical failure of the window regulator but could potentially be a lift plate issue, the glass may be out of the glass run seal somehow, possibly something foreign blocking movement. Most likely the regulator will need to be replaced.

Were you able to remove the door panel and inspect the regulator?

sprinkles08
sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician