Australia Car

Australian car repair Issues? Ask an auto mechanic for answers ASAP

1995 camry - have just needed to change the ignition key.

Customer Question
1995 camry - have...

Mechanic's Assistant: Okay, I'll connect you to the mechanic to go over that information regarding your Toyota Camry. Before I do, is there anything else you want him to know?

Immobilizer now preventing restart

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Australia Car
Answered in 1 hour by:
9/18/2017
AU Auto Mechanic: Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems replied 11 months ago
Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems

Hi, I'm Chad. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question and I will be posting your reply ASAP.

hey how are you

1995 Toyota Camry Sedan 4-Door L4-132 2164cc 2.2L DOHC (5S-FE)

Save Article

1. On models with coded audio anti-theft systems, refer to Technician Safety Information for code procedures. 2. Disconnect battery ground cable. 3. Remove steering wheel, if necessary, steering column garnish, if equipped, upper and lower covers. 4. Disconnect electrical connectors from ignition switch. 5. Turn ignition key to ACC position and remove ignition key cylinder. 6. Remove screw and ignition switch. 7. Reverse procedure to install. 8. Reset audio anti-theft system, if necessary, as outlined under Technician Safety Information.

do you have a capable scaner to coded ?

have you tried a mastere reset

Master reset Procedure

1- Disconnect Battery Cables ( Negative & Positive Cables )you can use any electrical wire as an extension if battery cables don't reach .

2- Hold cables Together for 60 secs ,then let go

3- Wait 30 minutes

4- Make sure all doors are closed

5- Reconnect battery Cables

6- Lock & unlock the vehicles using the key from driver door side (if you have a key fob with no blade key, just lock & unlock using the key fob buttons)

7- Enter the vehicle and attempt to start

Please let me know

Thank You

Chad Farhat

You are very welcome :)

Please Read Below How to Get Back in touch with Me

Please Take a Second and Click the Stars at the Top of Your Screen To Rate Me , So I May Receive my Credit , A 5 Stars Rating is Much Appreciatted

Follow Up Questions are Included in The Price of Your Question ,So Feel Free To Ask Me.

Please Keep in Mind that when you Rate Me , it Does Not End our Conversation.

You Can Always Come Back to this Conversation and Ask Me any Follow up Question you May have on this Issue

(You can Copy this Link Page & Paste it in your Browser when Ready and it will Open up our Conversation Again)

or there should be a Tab on your Screen to Add me As Your Favorite Expert

I'm Online Daily from 7 Am Till Late Eastern Time Zone

Thank You
Chad Farhat