Australia Car

Australian car repair Issues? Ask an auto mechanic for answers ASAP

Trying to add aftermarket radio but has no signal. There a 2…

Customer Question
Trying to add aftermarket...

Trying to add aftermarket radio but has no signal. There a 2 plugs aerial coming out from ?? And another 2 coming out from fm modulator. The aftermarket radio only need 1 single input? What goes where?

Mechanic's Assistant: Is this an aftermarket stereo, or did it come with the car?

Afetermarket sony

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Nissan?

2005 pathfinder

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Pathfinder yourself? What have you tried so far?

Myself I've just done all the easy harness connections but no signal which I believe is just no aerial signal I think

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Also would like steering wheel control but that's another project

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Australia Car
9/17/2017
AU Auto Mechanic: Pete, Technician replied 11 months ago
Pete, Technician

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

In allot of cases you will need to obtain the correct after market radio adapter for your vehicle.This is usually purchased from a stereo install facility in your area.It will usually plug into the factory harness in your vehicle then wires to the after market radio for easier installation.If this was already checked into or is not an option for your model let me know.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

Hi the normal harness is not the problem, The problem is with the stock aerial, I'm adding a picture which shows a male and female coming out of the fm modulator and another 2 pin connection, I want to know how these 3 separate connections merge into 1. That is the question, if you're asking me to just go to the shop what is the point of this service?
How does plug 1 & 2 & 3. Just become plug A ?

Does the #2 and A look like they would connect?

The 2 is the right size to be A and plug straight in but does not work.

O.k.,unfortunately I do not show a diagram or an adapter myself on how to attach these here.I will have to see if anyone else here can assist further with this here.

I will open your question up for others here to see if someone else can assist further on this as there may be others here that may have more info on what to check or do with this issue.I hope you can get this resolved with ease.No need to reply to my last post here unless it is a last resort as it will keep your question locked to me and others will not be able to view it.If you feel you want to continue to work with me on this feel free to reply at any time but keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair this without seeing your vehicle.

Thanks Pete