Australia Car

Australian car repair Issues? Ask an auto mechanic for answers ASAP

Have a 2000 1.8 ford laser. Won't start. Pull a plug, test,

Customer Question
Hi Mark, have a 2000...
Hi Mark, have a 2000 1.8 ford laser. Won't start. Pull a plug, test, sparks once only, then nothing. New plugs, leads and coils. Any ideas?
Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Australia Car
9/14/2017
AU Auto Mechanic: Pete, Technician replied 11 months ago
Pete, Technician

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

On most engines there is a crank sensor and if this sensor is not sending a crank position signal intermittently it will cause this fault here.If this has not been checked into this needs done.Usually you can plug in a scan tool or computer into your vehicles data port to observe the engine rpm signal.If there is no rpm signal when cranking over the engine then this sensor usually needs replaced.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete