Australia Car

Australian car repair Issues? Ask an auto mechanic for answers ASAP

Stability control (ESP) light shows up twice a day & i just…

Customer Question
Stability control (ESP) light...

Stability control (ESP) light shows up twice a day & i just bought this second hand Ford ranger 2014 Hi rider 2 weeks ago & paid 28k & spent another 13k to get the car to my standards including transfer/Rego fees etc. My Mechanic that looked after my Holden Rodeos for 20 years will be looking at your Ford issue tomorrow but can't understand why this beast is having this problem?? This car will be looked over tomorrow & seems I may be looking at selling & going new should this problem persist? What do you suggest the problem can be as I've already spent monies on the Transmission & hope all the censors can be sorted tomorrow?

Mechanic's Assistant: Has the light been on for some time?

No, The light only turns on in the morning. The car was raised in the back on ramps 7 I wonder if the car dealer was aware of this problem? I will keep all answers yes & No.

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Ranger yourself? What have you tried so far?

No, My Mechanic will be as he is licensed

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

I do hear funny sizzling noise from the front of the dash just in the last 3 days.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Australia Car
9/13/2017
AU Auto Mechanic: Pete, Technician replied 8 months ago
Pete, Technician

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

This indicates a fault is detected with the electronic stability control.This can be a steering or suspension sensor and in some cases a brake sensor fault.What has to be done from here is to have the fault codes read out/checked using a fully compatible scan tool or computer that can plug into your model to see what codes are set.Once this is done any codes set then need diagnosed to then locate and repair this fault here.One of these sensors is most likely acting up needing replaced.Some models have a steering position/angle sensor that can make the noise you hear and turn on the light that may need replaced.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

Pete, Technician