Australia Car

Australian car repair Issues? Ask an auto mechanic for answers ASAP

Lights aren't working on a horse float that I'm towing they…

Customer Question
Hi lights aren't working...

Hi lights aren't working on a horse float that I'm towing they work on another vehicle

Mechanic's Assistant: Just to clarify, what are the exact lights you're talking about?

Sorry, brake and indicators

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the make/model/year of your car?

07 Ve calais

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Calais yourself? What have you tried so far?

I checked the fuse box but couldn't find the trailer plug fuse ibwas hoping to find a fuse box diagram there are plenty of unmarked fuses

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Only that I know the lights work on the horse float when used with another car

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Australia Car
9/12/2017
AU Auto Mechanic: Pete, Technician replied 11 months ago
Pete, Technician

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

I am not seeing the fuse chart layout myself here either for this year and model which is odd and I apologize for that.I would check and make sure all fuses are good in all fuse panels.You can use a test light to see if each fuse has power on both ends of the fuse with the engine running and brake pedal pressed to make sure and turn indicator on.

The most common cause I have seen though to cause this fault here is a fault with damaged or broken wiring at the trailer wire connector on your vehicle or wiring damaged, corroded or broken leading to the trailer connector on your vehicle side.I would check the wiring and plug ( vehicle side as we know the trailer is o.k. since it works on another vehicle).If any damage is found it will need to be repaired to resolve this fault here.Most of the time it will be a wiring issue.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete