Australia Car

Australian car repair Issues? Ask an auto mechanic for answers ASAP

I have 2008 R350 and the boot is stuck closed, we tried

Customer Question
I have 2008 R350...

I have 2008 R350 and the boot is stuck closed

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your R350 yourself? What have you tried so far?

We tried using the manual release latch from the inside .. you can hear the motor trying to open but it is stuck

Mechanic's Assistant: How many miles are on the car? Is it an automatic or a manual transmission?

Automatic 80000km

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Australia Car
9/11/2017
AU Auto Mechanic: Lou P., ASE Certified Technician replied 11 months ago
Lou P.
Lou P., ASE Certified Technician

Hello, my name is***** and i will do my best to assist you.I am going over your story now and will reply back soon with some info,thanks!

Hello, the most common failure is the latch itself,

if you can hear the latch motor making the whiz and click noises yet it wont open tells me the latch has failed.

were you able to get the door open with the manual release?

Lou