Australia Car

Australian car repair Issues? Ask an auto mechanic for answers ASAP

My dashboard lights have gone out in my 2001 corvette. They…

Customer Question
My dashboard lights have...

My dashboard lights have gone out in my 2001 corvette

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the fuses? The dashboard bulbs?

Yes they are aii good

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Corvette yourself? What have you tried so far?

I brought it to a GM dealership , no luck. Another Mechanic took the dash off and said there is a part that needs to be sent to GM, very vague

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

This car has 15k and has been super taken care of

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Australia Car
Answered in 1 minute by:
9/11/2017
AU Auto Mechanic: Pete, Technician replied 8 months ago
Pete, Technician

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

Is this the back lighting that lights up the instrument gage cluster itself when needed like when dim or dark out?If so are the back lights working on the heater and radio properly?

Let me know so we can continue,thanks Pete

only the green looking instrument lights are out

Just to be sure these are the lights in the instrument cluster itself am I correct?

Let me know,thanks Pete

the instrument including speedometer lights
pete you still there?

O.k.,since all fuses are good and no other back lighting is out except in the instrument cluster area itself this indicates the fault is in the instrument cluster with it needing either removed and sent in for repair to an authorized repair center or removed and replaced.I have seen the instrument cluster act up like this here before in the past with it needing either repaired or replaced to resolve this fault here.If it was a fuse or wire issue then other back lit components would be affected as well but since this is only the cluster it is the cluster that needs repaired or replaced.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

do you have any info on this problem?

Let me know if you received my answer above on this.

Let me know if you need anything else and feel free to rate my help here or above ( should be a link to click on ) as this is how I receive credit for my time,this can be done at any time and you can still come back here and reply if needed.Your 5 star rating is appreciated

Thanks Pete

I will be reporting this service as a scam and asking my credit card to do a stop payment. I will print the shallow info provided

Did you get my answer above on this at all?Is it not what you were looking for here?Is there anything else I can help with.Here is my answer again in case you didnt see it:

Thanks Pete

Pete, Technician