Australia Car

Australian car repair Issues? Ask an auto mechanic for answers ASAP

What scan tool works with a 2005 Rexton 2.7 XDi ( Australian…

Customer Question
Good afternoon, what scan tool works...
Good afternoon,
what scan tool works with a 2005 Rexton 2.7 XDi ( Australian version ) please?
best regards
Dave
Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Australia Car
Answered in 1 day by:
9/10/2017
AU Auto Mechanic: indy-tech, Australia Car Mechanic replied 8 months ago
indy-tech
indy-tech, Australia Car Mechanic

Hi, I'm Greg (Indy-Tech).
Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.
Rgds Greg.

Hi David .

What scan tools do you have and what have you tried.

Rgds Greg

I have an Innova which works with OBDII and CAN, the 2205 model is pre OBDII for SSangyong evidently.

Hi Dave

Okay how deep do you want to be able to go into the system or just looking for

engine and transmission system and how much do you want to pay.

Could yo not read with the Innova any systems

Greg

I want to be able to get faults e.g.. coolant temp sensor and clear check engine errors etc for engine and auto. In terms of cost enough to get the job done nothing exotic. I'm not a professional motor mech.

Okay thank you .

Please check this tool out the scan master all you need to do is buy off eBay the ELM327 .

This is not a one answer and done i/we will stay with you until the problem is sorted out .
Before rating poor or bad please get back to me as i'm here to help you, if i can't i will opt out so another expert can.
We want you to be happy with an answer and help you with your problem . Want you to be a happy motorist .
After rating there is no further cost for any other question relating to this problem
Kind regards Greg..

Hi Greg,
not wishing to ignore your advice but what I don't want to do is buy a unit ( it's not the cost here as the ELM is very inexpensive ) and then spend a long time with it not working. On eBay this unit ELM327 is listed as not compatible with the 2005 Rexton 2.7XDi. I've checked all of the obvious ones already. Most code readers seem to be OBDII or later and the 2005 isn't one of those.
Hi Greg, well I've ordered an ELM327 USB code reader. We'll see what happens. Regards Dave
Will get back to you tomorrow and set you up with a scan tool for your car . But will be around the 100 point mark but worth it and if you have another make you can add to your scan system

Here is a down load of a scan tool with free OBD II reader and for an extra

fee you can download Ssangyong software .

Please >>>Click here<<<.

Rgds Greg

I've looked at this site. Looks interesting. The ELM327 is not compatible with SSangyong and I would need a MPM-COM interface for this software for a SSangyong. I think.

Yes you will need the MPN-COM.

I've been using the OBDII with the ELM327 works very good .

Rgds Greg

indy-tech
indy-tech
indy-tech, Australia Car Mechanic