Australia Car

Australian car repair Issues? Ask an auto mechanic for answers ASAP

It had an accident and the steering rack has broken on one…

Customer Question
It had an accident...

It had an accident and the steering rack has broken on one side but now the car won't start at all?? It started fine after the accident but now won't start at all??

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the battery, particularly the terminal connections? Are they corroded?

Yes they are all connected, it just won't click over at all. Wasn't sure if it has shut down because of the accident and looks like the tyre might of hit the gear box my patented reckon but yeah I dunno we can get under it fully with the way that it's so need to move it for a better look

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the make/model/year of your car?

Holden Astra cdxi 2005

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Astra yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes we will be fixing it ourselves we haven't tried anything expect to start it. So we can get it off the drive away as the way it hit the fence it's on an angel

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

I think that is all.

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Australia Car
9/8/2017
AU Auto Mechanic: Gary, Australia Car Mechanic replied 11 months ago
Gary
Gary, Australia Car Mechanic

Hello! My name is Gary.
Welcome to JustAnswer.
I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with a reply shortly.

Hello there,

You have a broken LH steering knuckle assembly.

I would replace the wheel bearing at the same time.

As to why it doesn't start, the LHF tyre might have damaged some wiring, and blown some fuses.

Gary

Okay even thou it started after it accident but not and hour or so later? Is it a big job replacing the steering knuckle and the wheel bearing?

Difficult to say why it doesn't start without further diagnosis.

But shouldn't be too hard to trace.

The steering knuckle assembly job I would say about 2.5 hours plus wheel alignment.

And maybe a wheel and tyre as well.

Gary

Hello again,

Do you need any further help?

I hope my advice has been of assistance to you.

Kind regards

Gary