Australia Car

Australian car repair Issues? Ask an auto mechanic for answers ASAP

My Holden viva 06 model has the engine light on I put a

Customer Question
My Holden viva 06...

My Holden viva 06 model has the engine light on I put a dianosic thing on and it came up with code 700 transmission it also is slow to take off but once it is going it goes fine and changes gears fine both up and down it's an auto

Mechanic's Assistant: Has your vehicle stalled? Has anyone run a diagnostic test to pull the trouble code?

Yes and I was told it was the brake switch but as I said I did one this morning and the code was 700 Transmission

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model of your '06 Holden?

It is JF

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

I have only tried the diagnostic when it happened before a mechanic reset it so I was wondering if I can reset it with my diagnostic tool I have or will it wreck my computer

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

No thanks

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Australia Car
9/8/2017
AU Auto Mechanic: Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager replied 11 months ago
Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager

HI,

Ok, is the scan tool your are using capable of reading transmission control module fault codes? P0700 is an information code stored in the engine control module that tells the technician that there is a separate code stored in the transmission control module and it needs to be scanned for codes