Australia Car

Australian car repair Issues? Ask an auto mechanic for answers ASAP

08 Focus. Wife's car. Got hot on her yesterday. She said the…

Customer Question
08 Focus. Wife's...

08 Focus. Wife's car. Got hot on her yesterday. She said the AC stopped working then hot air coming through vents. Then temp guage went up and hot engine message popped up in dash. Im thinking either thermostat or thermo fan/?

Mechanic's Assistant: Where exactly do you think the noise is coming from? And how long has this been going on?

No noise. and first time yesterday

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Focus yourself? What have you tried so far?

Tried nothing, she said it got to work OK this morning. If its something like a thermostat I'll do it myself. Top radiator tank still full. No leaks I couild see.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

All good

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Australia Car
9/7/2017
AU Auto Mechanic: Todd M, ASE Certified Technician replied 11 months ago
Todd M
Todd M, ASE Certified Technician

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you today. What needs to happen, is to be sure that the coolant level is full and the fans are functioning properly. If these condition are good, then the issue is going to likely be the thermostat(#6) or the water pump (#9). Then water pump will usually leak from the weep hole once it becomes faulty. If you do not have any leaks, then I would advise you to replace that thermostat first. This is this most probable cause for this condition. Here, I am attaching the exploded view along with the thermostat removal procedures. Also, the reason the A/C stop blowing properly, is because the vehicle was beginning to overheat.

If you require more information on this issue and/or are not satisfied, let me know, please, and I will attempt to assist you further on this. I hope this information points you in the right direction. If you have any further questions or concerns on this issue, feel free to ask. If you are satisfied, and have found this information helpful, a positive rating would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Just as a reminder, if you have found this information helpful, please do not forget to rate the service, as it is necessary in order for experts to receive credit for answers provided. Thanks again.