Pete, Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing various model vehicles with some certifications and training.
14928985

I have a au falcon ute on straight gas. Has been playing up

Customer Question

Hi I have a au falcon ute on straight gas. Has been playing up lately getting harder to start. Now all of a sudden. I find a solenoid had fallen off/broken. But now it won't turn over. I turn key an nothing. I have power on dash, but turn the key it won't turn over now? Net alone start. When it was running if it wouldn't start I gently tap the solenoids an it would start. Now nothing at all.
JA: Can you turn the steering wheel at all? And what about the key? Is it worn or damaged?
Customer: Yep I can turn steering wheel. An no key an barrel are fine. What I notice is no more clicking sound when I turn the key.
JA: What year is your Falcon?
Customer: 2001 au 2 ute. Six cyl an its a green motor. Gas only.
JA: Are you fixing your Falcon yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Not my first gas vehicle. Had 78 f100 on straight gas. Never a problems!
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: yep, ute ran fine an 2 weeks ago started this problem. I can smell gas when it wanted to turn over, an it would kinda fire, keep it winding over an it would eventually start. But now not a thing.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Australia Car
Expert:  Pete replied 1 month ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

From what you have described here this sounds like a fault with a starter solenoid that has failed.My info isnt showing where this solenoid is exactly on your model but it is most likely one of the solenoids you had tapped on in the past.I would see if you can obtain a starter solenoid and replace it and see if it then starts and runs as it should.If this was already done let me know.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete