Pete, Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing various model vehicles with some certifications and training.
14928985

I have a Toyota 100 series diesel landcruiser which misfires

Customer Question

I have a Toyota 100 series diesel landcruiser which misfires above 2000 rpm
JA: How old is the engine? And when was it last serviced?
Customer: 2004 and regulary
JA: Are you fixing your T100 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Changed fuel filter replaced air filter , checked all injectors to see if working
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: it does not burn oil, when it misses a bluey white smoke comes out exhaust
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Australia Car
Expert:  Pete replied 1 month ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

Check the engine crank case ventilation system to make sure it is venting properly.If it is plugged this will cause oil to be sucked into the engine causing this issue here.If this is all o.k. I would have the injectors and pump tested for any issues with either of these needing replaced.An injector or pump at fault will also cause this fault here needing replaced.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete