Todd M
Todd M,
Experience:  Technician at Montgomery Motors
97226864

I just want to know my Tipm has failed in my Dodge Journey

Customer Question

Hi I just want to know my Tipm has failed in my Dodge Journey 2010 model I live in Australia and I have a mechanic that has found a second hand tipm module but he just rang me and said another mechanic told him he cannot just plug a second hand one in as it needs to be programmed. I need to buy a new one is this true ???
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Australia Car
Expert:  Todd M replied 1 month ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you today. It is not recommended to use a secondhand TIPM, but if it is the correct compatible replacement, then it should function. Here, I am attaching the installation information for this module. I am also attaching information on suitable replacements for you. Either one of these will be good for your vehicle.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/like/222614481817?chn=ps&dispItem=1

http://www.moparpartswebstore.com/p/Dodge_2010_Journey/Module-totally-integrated-power/42190728/04692305AD.html?partner=googlebase_adwords&kwd=&origin=pla

Expert:  Todd M replied 1 month ago.

If you require more information on this issue and/or are not satisfied, let me know, please, and I will attempt to assist you further on this. I hope this information points you in the right direction. If you have any further questions or concerns on this issue, feel free to ask. If you are satisfied, and have found this information helpful, a positive rating would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Expert:  Todd M replied 1 month ago.

Just as a reminder, if you have found this information helpful, please do not forget to rate the service as it is necessary in order for experts to receive credit for answers provided. Thanks again.