Pete, Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing various model vehicles with some certifications and training.
14928985

Overheatinguphills, fl6 2001, new radiator new thermostat

Customer Question

overheatinguphills
JA: What is the model/year of your Volvo?
Customer: fl6 2001
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: new radiator new thermostat new water pump
JA: Has the vehicle ever overheated? And when was it last serviced?
Customer: yes, serviced reg
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Australia Car
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
6000klm ago
Expert:  Pete replied 1 month ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

Check for any air flow restrictions in the front of the vehicle that may be blocking air flow coming in.If there are any restrictions this will cause an over heat issue.I would also have the fan system checked/tested to see if there is an issue with the fan operation causing this fault like a fan motor or relay at fault.If all of these have been checked already and found o.k. let me know.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete