Pete, Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing various model vehicles with some certifications and training.
14928985

Mate, I'm ian, my D-max isuzu light on dash ( check 4wd)

Customer Question

Hi mate, I'm ian, my D-max isuzu light on dash ( check 4wd) stays on and 4wheel drive wont stay engaged, hasn't been used in 4wd, just came on and stays on, would iy be a fuse or sensor issue, if sp how can i reset it....kindest regards. Ian watson
JA: Have you checked the fuses? The dashboard bulbs?
Customer: All the lights and pre signals before starting work, its just the ( check 4wd) light stays on for some reason??
JA: What is the model/year of your Isuzu?
Customer: 2010 sx spacecab/ chassis 4×4 isuzu Dmax
JA: What year is your Isuzu?
Customer: 2010.decemner
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: No im wanting to upgrade but trade in told me to fix it, and not sure why it's on and staying on ??
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No its always been serviced every 5000kms....just the 4wd light stays on.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Australia Car
Expert:  Pete replied 1 month ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

The first thing that has to be done here unfortunately is to have the fault codes read out/checked with a fully compatible scan tool to see what codes are set.Once this is done any codes set then need diagnosed to then locate and repair this issue here.

This may be a fault with a component like the transfer case actuator or a speed sensor or differential actuator needing replaced.The codes do need to be read out to help locate which component is at fault then repaired from there.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete