Australia Car

Australian car repair Issues? Ask an auto mechanic for answers ASAP

I have a holden vectra 2000 model and it keeps saying it…

Customer Question
Hi i have a...

Hi i have a holden vectra 2000 model and it keeps saying it needs a code where would i be able to find the code for my car do u know

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you have a scan tool to read the codes?

No i dont i dont even know what that is

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model of your '00 Holden?

Vectra

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

Ive only just brought it im trying to fix the stereo and have been told i need a vode as its still the original thats in the car

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

No thats all thanks other than my speedo doesn't work but my main thing is trying to find the code i need

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Australia Car
Hi with paying a fee that won't keep coming out of my account will it
8/20/2017
AU Auto Mechanic: Gary, Australia Car Mechanic replied 11 months ago
Gary
Gary, Australia Car Mechanic

Hello! My name is Gary.
Welcome to JustAnswer.
I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with a reply shortly.

Hi there,

Your best bet is to go to your local Holden dealer.

They can look up the radio code from your VIN.

Don't attempt to put in the wrong code, it will go to safe mode, and is harder to get going again.

Your fee should be a one off, unless you become a member, then you have more benefits like more than one question.

Gary

Hello again,

Do you need any further help?

I hope my advice has been of assistance to you.

Gary