Australia Car

Australian car repair Issues? Ask an auto mechanic for answers ASAP

I have a Niss teana 230Jk, Vin:J31200586 Eng:VQ23146727A…

I have a Niss...

I have a Niss teana 230Jk

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the make/model/year of your car?

Vin:J31200586 Eng:VQ23146727A Engine Damaged The only Engine that I can Find in South africa is a VQ250.Question is,If I purchase, is it compatable with the Computer Box of my car?etc....

Mechanic's Assistant: How many miles are on the car? Is it an automatic or a manual transmission?

Automatic,172,656 kms on the clock.The reason why the engine blew TopGasket,is I had the radiator recored and was supplied with a Radiator cap 1.1Bar.The original cap was 0.9Bar.it has now compression via the Raditor,I presumed ,because of the Bar differance,there was no water circulation via the Resovoir bottle and the Engine overheated etc,but still I'm driving the car.After replacing the 1.1Bar cap with the Original 0.9 Bar cap,the water was circulation and the RED warning Light never came on again.I presume the Engine was running cooler now,but the damaged was done.It happened Enroute 600kms to my destination.and what a joy.Returning homebound.no problems.(1500kms).I Checked the water level at about every 300kms and just topped-up 500ml every time.To have the engine repaired is too costly.thats why I asked if it can be replaced by a VQ250 engine.

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

I've just taken the car to a Nissan dealer enroute to our holiday destination and they had it on the diagnostic machine.Result:Engine OverTemp..and they told me One TopGasket damaged!! Nothing has been sofar.

Mechanic's Assistant: What year is your Nissan?

2006

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Only if the VQ250 eng is compattable or any advice or suggestions.

Do I have to pay the $36 now,or after I receive my answer?
8/15/2017
Pete, Technician

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

I dont see this as a fully compatible engine myself.The engine computer may need reprogrammed or replaced as well as engine wiring and sensors to make this work if the dealer can get the programming needed.I recommend locating the correct model engine you need for your model so it fits properly and so all works properly as well.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

Pete, Technician