Australia Car

Australian Car Repair Issues? Ask an Auto Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Australia Car

Hii, Camery 2013, I m mechanic, Yes

Customer Question
Hii JA: What is the model/year...
Hii
JA: What is the model/year of your Toyota?
Customer: Camery 2013
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I m mechanic
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: Yes
Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Australia Car
8/14/2017
AU Auto Mechanic: Edward, Service Technician replied 5 months ago
Edward
Edward, Service Technician

Hello, and thanks for your question. My name is ***** ***** I will do all I can to help.

What problems are you having with your camry?

Hello

Hello, you can go ahead with your question at this time.

I change transmission last week now car is not running good it giving me two codes p1603 p1605

Alright, did you look at the wiring harness and double check that you didn't pinch it anywhere when installing the transmission?

I have check

Alright, the code description is follows.

OBD-II code P1603 indicates an issue with TCU communication.

There are communications that exist between the engine control module, or ECM, and the transaxle control module, or TCM. This communication is done through a control area network, or CAN. With the communication of the CAN, an independent pin and wiring is needed to receive a signal that includes sensor information from the ECM. The more information there is to communicate, the more wiring that is needed. When it comes to CAN communication, all of the information communicated is done alone control modules like the ECM and TCM using CAN lines. When there is a problem with these lines, the ECM will detect the problem and store a P1603 trouble code; the storing of the trouble code is what causes the SES or check engine light to illuminate on the dash.

Possible causes of trouble code P1603 include:

• Faulty transaxle control module (TCM)
  • Faulty engine control module (ECM)
  • Harness running from the TCM to the ECM has a short
  • There is a poor electrical connection between the TCM and ECM

Let me know if anything looks damaged or pinched there.

No I have check everything

Both of those codes are communication faults. Your positive you got every connector snapped back together good and tight? did you have this transmission built or overhauled? or put another unit in it?

I put another used one

Alright, what was the first transmission doing? was it slipping or setting codes? How many miles or kilometers are on it roughly?

Yeh it was slipping 3rd 4rth

Alright, I believe your CAN network is disrupted or down somehow and information is not being shared between the various modules. Let me opt out as there is really no way I can pinpoint where this disruption is occurring from here. Perhaps another expert has seen this issue before, so let me see if some one else can help. Thank you.

Curtis
Curtis
Curtis, Australia Car Mechanic