Curtis
Curtis, Australia Car Mechanic
Experience:  Qualified Automotive Mechanic, LPG & Airconditioning Diagnostic Technician.
29271542

I have a 1996 c180 was going great but now will not select

Customer Question

I have a 1996 c180 was going great but now will not select reverse, is this likely to be a major job, or quick fix. All forward gears work perfectly. Cheers
JA: How many miles are on the car? Have you noticed any fluid leaks lately?
Customer: About 180, just went through blue slip qld into nsw so no leaks to speak of I believe
JA: What is the model of your '96 Mercedes?
Customer: C 180
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Maybe if easy, otherwise a mechani, just over the phone to gearbox mechanics they want to charge $3000 to replace gearbox, more than the car is worth although it is in A1 conditions. Hoping for better news
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: I think that about sums it up thanks
Category: Australia Car
Expert:  Marty replied 2 months ago.
Hi, my name is***** you post your vin number so I can look up some information on your car?
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I can but am away from it for a few days will send it to yoi then, I'm bringing it back from qld from ny sons early this week. Cheers ***** ***** in touch.
Expert:  Marty replied 2 months ago.

Okay, I'll wait to hear from you.