Australia Car

Australian car repair Issues? Ask an auto mechanic for answers ASAP

My dashboard lights comes on, Battery light n brake light,

Customer Question
My dashboard lights comes...

My dashboard lights comes on

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the fuses? The dashboard bulbs?

Battery light n brake light

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Toyota?

2000 prado

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

Changed air filter

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

The light mostly comes in the morning when it is cold

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Australia Car
8/6/2017
AU Auto Mechanic: sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician replied 11 months ago
sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

You may have a couple different issues causing each of the lights to come on. The red brake warning light will come on if the brake fluid is low, the emergency brake is set, or the ABS module can also turn the light on. It's possible that it could be coming on due to low system voltage though.

The battery light comes on when charging voltage is abnormally low or high, usually low. It will require some testing at the time the light is on to determine what is going on but odds are it will need an alternator to repair the battery light. If the brake light appears to only come on with the battery light and the brake fluid is full then you'll want to repair the battery light issue first.

I hope that helps! My goal is your satisfaction today. If you feel I've been professional and helpful, your 5-star rating at this time is most appreciated. However, if you still need my help you can reply back here and I'll respond as soon as possible! Thank you!