gomi_otaku
gomi_otaku, Technician
Experience:  VW Technician, VW FastTrack, VW Academy, VW Certified
12249065

HAVE A MK6 II8 GOLF WITH A DQ200 7SP DSG, TODAY DRIVING OUT

Customer Question

HI
JA: Hi. How can I help?
Customer: HI, HAVE A MK6 II8 GOLF WITH A DQ200 7SP DSG, TODAY DRIVING OUT OF A STEP CAR PARK THE TRANSMISSION STOP DRIVING, DOES NOTHING, DSG DOES NOT ENGAGE FORWARD OR REVERSE, IT IS COMING UP WITH THE SPANNER SYMBOL WHERE THE GEAR SELECTED SHOWS ON THE SCREEN AND HAS THE FOLLOWING FAULT CODES 02113 06300 06079, LET THE VEH FOR A FEW HRS AND TRIED AGAIN BUT STILL WILL NOT DRIVE, ANY THOUGHTS?
JA: Have you checked the level of your transmission fluid? Is it bright red, or is it dirty?
Customer: How do I check it?
JA: What is the model/year of your VW?
Customer: it is a 2011 golf mk6 with DQ200 7SP DSG
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I'M
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: I'M a mechanic by trade but little knowledge on vw, if it is simple i'll have a go but if complicated will have to get it looked at, so far have not tried anything
Category: Australia Car
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Just going over the details again:
Vehicle is a 2011 MK6 VW Golf 118 tsi with a 7 speed DQ200 DSG (Dry clutch).
Today my wife was driving up a ramp at a shopping centre and the vehicle stopped driving, would not engage forward or reverse, the spanner symbol flashes when you put the vehicle into drive.
I've only tried turning the car off and back on but does the same thing, does not engage forward or reverse, I've checked and the following fault codes are present, 02113 (P0841), 06300 (P189C), 06079 (P17BF), I know the vehicle had no transmission fault codes about a week ago.
Any thoughts on what the problem may be would be appreciated and any ideas as to what I can do toget the car mobile again would be appreciated.
Regards,
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Note: the car has about 80,000 klm on it and has had no prior problems, it has had the following recalls done 37G7 and 35C1, prior to this problem the DSG has been working well.Regards,
Expert:  gomi_otaku replied 2 months ago.

The faults you're throwing make it sound like it has no fluid in the tranny- I'm assuming you have looked underneath to make sure someone didn't hit something and "let the fluid out"?

Also, check the wiring harness connectors to see if they are seeping fluid through the pins- I have seen this happen, and it can short sensor circuits together, causing errant readings. You may be able in this case to get by, at least temporarily, by cleaning out the connector and housing with some brake parts cleaner to clean up the fluid and stop the short, until you can replace the wiring harness.