Australia Car

Australian Car Repair Issues? Ask an Auto Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Australia Car

Bmw x5 e70. It starts but cuts off and goes into neutral.

Customer Question
Hi, bmw x5 e70. It...
Hi, bmw x5 e70. It starts but cuts off and goes into neutral. When driving, while accelerating it cuts off as well and cranks. Secind attempt to start it works.
JA: How old is the transmission? Have you checked the fuel filters?
Customer: I havent checked them yet. I'll do that
JA: What year is your X5?
Customer: 2007
JA: Are you fixing your X5 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: No I'm not fixing it
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: That's all thanks
Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Australia Car
Sounds like integrated supply module issue. But does e70 have one?
Answered in 2 days by:
8/6/2017
AU Auto Mechanic: sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician replied 3 months ago
sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

There are quite a few things that can cause the engine to die and it will require some testing to determine what is going on. You may be losing spark, fuel, the problem may even be with the engine controller itself.

The first step in diagnosing the problem is to use a scan tool or code reader to see what fault codes are setting and then testing can be done from there based on the findings. Do you know what codes are setting?

sprinkles08
sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician