Curtis
Curtis, Australia Car Mechanic
Experience:  Qualified Automotive Mechanic, LPG & Airconditioning Diagnostic Technician.
29271542

My Duallis auto shifter is stuck in park all the time,There

Customer Question

My Duallis auto shifter is stuck in park all the time,There is a butten next to it for release,Is this fault expensive to fix?
JA: Do you have brake lights? Have any trouble codes popped up?
Customer: Not jet
JA: What is the make/model/year of your car?
Customer: Nissan Duallis 2012
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: No I am not a mechanic,
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No this is the only problem in 5 years,
Category: Australia Car
Expert:  Edward replied 2 months ago.

Hello and thanks for your question. My name is ***** ***** I will do all I can to help.

Expert:  Edward replied 2 months ago.

Can you check your brake lights and let us know if you have brake lights? Thank you. Also, check all your fuses, And try to listen near the gear shifter, for a clicking noise when you push the brake with the key on you can hear an audible click in that area when the transmission is in park and you step on the brake, this click noise is the interlock solenoid moving so you can release the Park locking mechanism when you hit the brake. Let me know what you find there. Thank you.