Australia Car

Australian car repair Issues? Ask an auto mechanic for answers ASAP

I have changed the ignition barrel on my au now all lights…

Customer Question
Hi I have changed...

Hi I have changed the ignition barrel on my au now all lights come on but wont start will leaving ignition on for hour change this

Mechanic's Assistant: Just to clarify, what are the exact lights you're talking about?

Dash lights

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the make/model/year of your car?

Ford au

Mechanic's Assistant: What year is your Ford?

95 I think

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your 9-5 yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes just changed ignition barrel which came of another car with different key

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Australia Car
7/31/2017
AU Auto Mechanic: Pete, Technician replied 11 months ago
Pete, Technician

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

Make sure when you replaced this barrell that you installed it properly and that the electronic ignition switch did not get turned or damaged as this will cause this fault here.In some cases all that is needed is to have the electronic ignition switch rotated or lined back up to resolve this issue and in other cases it may need replaced.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete