Pete, Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing various model vehicles with some certifications and training.
14928985

Can't start it, immobiliser won't recognise my key, Nah I've

Customer Question

Can't start it, immobiliser won't recognise my key
JA: Have you checked the battery, particularly the terminal connections? Are they corroded?
Customer: Nah I've jumped it couple of times
JA: What is the model/year of your Mazda?
Customer: 2002 tribute
JA: Are you fixing your Tribute yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yeah well I was just trying to jump it, but wouldn't start and I'm assuming it's my key. When I bought it there was a piece of plastic missing off it with a metal bit sitting there but that metal bit fell off. I'm hoping there's a way to reset the immobiliser or a way to bi-pass it altogether.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: I think that's it
Category: Australia Car
Expert:  Pete replied 2 months ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

Unfortunately there is no way to bypass this system to correct this here.If the key itself does have damage and a piece has fallen off this indicates the key assembly has to be replaced to resolve this issue.I have seen the keys fall apart in the past before with it needing replaced to correct this fault.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete