Australia Car

Australian car repair Issues? Ask an auto mechanic for answers ASAP

It's being a piece of shit, Vz Calais 2005 v6 190kw,

Customer Question
It's being a piece...

It's being a piece of shit

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the make/model/year of your car?

Vz Calais 2005 v6 190kw

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Calais yourself? What have you tried so far?

Recently done a manual conversion to it. After completing the conversion my speedo will not work

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

No thanks

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Australia Car
7/30/2017
AU Auto Mechanic: Gary, Australia Car Mechanic replied 11 months ago
Gary
Gary, Australia Car Mechanic

Hello! My name is Gary.
Welcome to JustAnswer.
I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with a reply shortly.

Hi there,

You need to have the config setup in the ABS and PCM set for manual transmission.

A Holden dealer can do this for you.

Gary

Hello again,

Do you need any further help?

Assuming you have used a factory harness to eliminate the TCM, then I can't see what else to change. If you haven't done it this way, then you may never fix it.

I hope my advice has been of assistance to you.

Kind regards

Gary