Pete, Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing various model vehicles with some certifications and training.
14928985

Won't start. Radio etc works. Fuses are good. Batteries are

Customer Question

Won't start. Radio etc works. Fuses are good. Batteries are good. Used but just bought and had certified checks. Trunk sensor saying not closed
JA: Which particular sensor are you asking about? And have any trouble codes been triggered?
Customer: No codex. Justa pic on dash saying trunk not shut
JA: What is the model/year of your VW?
Customer: Touareg v10 2004
JA: Are you fixing your Touareg yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Both batteries have full charge. There was a trip in interior light which is fixed. I have accessory power but no ignition. I can hear relay switch trying to do job when i turn key
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: I don't think so
Category: Australia Car
Expert:  Pete replied 2 months ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

The trunk sensor acting up wont cause a no start issue here.It should still start.The trunk sensor issue though is usually a fault with the position sensor which is usually part of the trunk latch itself with it needing replaced.

If you hear the relay working when trying to start and you have no crank over from the starter itself this issue can be with the starter needing replaced.The starter can fail suddenly and causes this fault here.I have had to replace several starters in the past before for this issue.

The signals need tested to the starter to verify that this is the cause.

If you bought this certified you might check with the facility you bought it from to see if they will cover the costs for diagnosis and repair on this as some facilities will do.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete