Pete, Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing various model vehicles with some certifications and training.
14928985

Second opinion] The big bulbs in my dash cluster don't seem

Customer Question

Second opinion] The big bulbs in my dash cluster don't seem to be working
JA: How long has this been going on?
Customer: Possibly years.. I just got the car and replaced the bulbs but the 3 bigger bulbs won't light
JA: What is the model/year of your Toyota?
Customer: Altezza 2000
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yep.. And tried all fuses.. And new bulbs
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: Umm nah that's all I can think of
Category: Australia Car
Expert:  Pete replied 2 months ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

This may be due to an internal electrical fault with the circuit board that the bulbs seat into that feed the bulbs voltage.I have seen this fail on several models in the past before with it needing removed and repaired by an authorized repair facility or removed and replaced.This will have to be tested further to see which is the cause here and then repaired from there.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete