Curtis
Curtis, Australia Car Mechanic
Experience:  Qualified Automotive Mechanic, LPG & Airconditioning Diagnostic Technician.
29271542

GF's WK v6 has some issues. At times, when wanting to

Customer Question

GF's WK v6 has some issues. At times, when wanting to overtake if I push the throttle past approx halfway it'll lose power until I back almost all the way off again.
JA: What is the model/year of your Jeep?
Customer: 2012
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Seeing what we can diagnose ourselves, to then look at options for any repairs. Both the enginge and transmission oils need occasional topping up. Unfortunately her budget has her services far behind schedule. Topping up the trans fluid and engine fluids seem to sort the issue. Until levels deplete again. Curious specifically what is causing the loss of power though.
JA: When was the last time your transmission fluid was checked? Changed?
Customer: To my knowledge, the car is 20xxxks overdue for some services. WHat I'm wanting to find out, is what can be causing the leaks. And the loss of power issue. Seals that need replacing? Simply lacking maintenance? Or could there be something faulty?
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: That should cover it
Category: Australia Car
Expert:  Peter Bagley replied 2 months ago.

Hello and welcome to just answer, my name is ***** ***** to help. I cannot see or hear your vehicle sop I rely on your patience and input to my questions so I can help you better. I read your notes and have a question before we proceed. Did you try and see if there is any stored codes in the ECU yet?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Havent checked for any codes.

This would be a good place to start other wise there are many possibilities.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Topping up the fluids alleviates the issue. Im simply curious whether its more likely to be caused by the low engine oil or trans fluid. And why it being low causes this symptom.

That depends on how low they get , if the trans gets low could cause slipping. I will supply a chart to compare your trans fluid.