FixItMan
FixItMan, Master Technician
Experience:  AA DEGREE AUTOMOTIVE/DIESEL TECH
1627031

2002 ford courier, started, reversed, then she died, can not

Customer Question

2002 ford courier , started , reversed , then she died , can not get her to start , replaced fuel filter , replaced plugs , replaced ignition coil , still no go , is there a fuel relay , with a reset button perhaps?
JA: Is the fuel filter an external one, or is it inside the tank?
Customer: outside fuel tank
JA: Are you fixing your Courier yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: first thought it may be fuel pump , so bought new one , put it in , no joy , then thought it may be spark , so bought a ignition coil , no , joy , then cleaned distributor cap , had carbon deposits , no joy , then bought new plugs , no joy , so I have been trawling for answers , still no joy , i read something about a reset button on the fuel relay ??
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: yes , if you could please help me
Category: Australia Car
Expert:  FixItMan replied 2 months ago.

Hello, my name is***** size engine do you have in your Courier? It should have an inertia fuel shut off switch under the passenger side of the dash. Try pushing in the red button on it to see if it will start.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
hi bobby , it is p.g 4x2 p/up xl supcab 2.6 petrol , i have looked for the inertia switch , under the dash you say , is that above the fan/ air box ???
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
sorry 2004 model
Expert:  FixItMan replied 2 months ago.

It should be located under the kick panel on the far right side under the dash.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
never found the innertia switch at all bobby ,