Pete, Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing various model vehicles with some certifications and training.
14928985

I have a 2005 hdj79 and I just drove it down the street

Customer Question

Hi i have a 2005 hdj79 and I just drove it down the street about 800 metres and it just turned off. Then started fine and drove it back and as I pulled in my drive way the same thing happened, the speedo stopped working as well and there is no lights on the dash and still starts fine
JA: Have you checked the fuses? The dashboard bulbs?
Customer: Fuses are fine, the car has been sitting for a month and that's the first time I've driven it since
JA: What is the model of your '05 Toyota?
Customer: Landcruiser ute turbo 6 Rv
JA: Are you fixing your Turbo yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: What
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: There's nothing wrong with the turbo
Category: Australia Car
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Pete replied 2 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

This can be due to a fault with a component called the crank position sensor/rpm sensor.It senses the crank shaft position and fails to send this signal intermittently.When this occurs the vehicle can suddenly stall out like this here.In some cases it may start right back up but will usually repeat the fault.

I would have the fault codes checked with a compatible scan tool to see what codes are set and then those coded diagnosed to help locate and repair this issue here.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete