Australia Car

Australian Car Repair Issues? Ask an Auto Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Australia Car

My '06 saturn vue keeps having o2 sensors flat-line. I

Customer Question
replaced the 2 high-side with...
my '06 saturn vue keeps having o2 sensors flat-line. I replaced the 2 high-side with bosch direct-fit only to have the rear low-side flat-line. when this was replaced the 2 high-side flat-lined again. I went through this a year ago approx., and at that time replaced 3 of the four o2 sensors and both catalytics only to have the check engine light come back on a few days later. how can I overcome this problem? the county the vehicle is in requires emmission testing.
JA: Does the light stay on, or does it blink?
Customer: when I replaced the sensors, I reset the code reader only to have the light come back on solidly within 30 to 50 miles
JA: Are you fixing your VUE yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: i'm having a mechanic friend reset and read the codes with his machine and replacing the parts myself if i'm able. a year ago i had a locally "reputable" shop do the work, at over $1500 labor plus the $89 each o-2 sensor and $698 each catalytic. there are 2... only to have the same codes come back to haunt me within a few days of my daughter driving the car
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: The only other code I get is for a fuel sensor connected to the pump controlling the fuel guage, it reads empty when fuel level drops below 1/4 tank
Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Australia Car
5/16/2017
AU Auto Mechanic: Pete, Technician replied 6 months ago
Pete, Technician

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

When you say flat line are they not reading any signals at all?

Let me know so we can continue,thanks Pete.

Curtis
Curtis
Curtis, Australia Car Mechanic