Pete, Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing various model vehicles with some certifications and training.
14928985

The cable is siezed on back seat I cannot fold it up, 2001

Customer Question

The cable is siezed on back seat I cannot fold it up
JA: What is the model/year of your Nissan?
Customer: 2001 gun patrol 3 litre
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: My self have sprayed it tried pulling lever up and down to no avail
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Category: Australia Car
Expert:  Pete replied 4 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

In allot of cases this can be due to the latch binding that the cable releases.I have had some success rocking the seat or pushing and pulling it at the same time the release handle is used to free it up then cleaned and lubricated the latch once it released to resolve this here.If this is or was already attempted with no success let me know so we can continue.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete