Pete, Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing various model vehicles with some certifications and training.
14928985

93 3.0 petrol. Starts every time but after driving it will

Customer Question

93 3.0 petrol. Starts every time but after driving it will no longer start. Plenty of crank and spark. Will roll start easily. Just replaced dissie and rotor and still no difference.
JA: Has the vehicle turned into a gas hog? And how does it start -- same as usual?
Customer: Yes using plenty of petrol and seems to overrev in idle. Clue that it will not start again if stopped. When this happens wait 20 min to 1 hr and then will restart
JA: Are you fixing your 9-3 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Mechanics spent 3 hours on it checking fuel, spark, coil and lots of "Start ya bastard" and could not find issue. Checked distributor and started working every time. Kept starting for next two weeks and then back to problem of starting first time and then when you turn if off it will not start. hence they suggested the distributor. Wondering as car has after market security fitted.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: Does not happen every time as I now test it when I get to work and home. So not always repeatable.
Category: Australia Car
Expert:  Pete replied 4 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

I have seen and had several issues with after market security systems causing faults here.I recommend having it removed and wired back to factory to see if this resolves the fault or temporarily bypassed and wired back to factory.If this is or was done already and did not correct this fault here let me know so we can continue.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete