Pete, Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing various model vehicles with some certifications and training.
14928985

A new fue pump fitted to hyundai getz ,but i dont seem to

Customer Question

a new fue pump fitted to hyundai getz ,but i dont seem to get enough pressure to fuel rail
JA: Has the vehicle turned into a gas hog? And how does it start -- same as usual?
Customer: It only starts and runs if i pressurise a container of fuel and connect it to the fue rail
JA: What is the model/year of your Hyundai?
Customer: its a 1.3 2007 model
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: yes i am fixing myself.i have replaced fuel pump and filters,cleaned injectors,blown out fuel lines and fitted new plugs
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Category: Australia Car
Expert:  Pete replied 5 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

If you have a loss or power or ground to the pump to where there is a weak signal to the pump this can cause this fault here and would need repaired.This can be due to a weak fuel pump relay needing replaced.If power and ground to the pump are all o.k. I would have the pump pick up checked for any restrictions in the fuel tank causing this fault here.If all of this has already been checked and found to be o.k. let me know so we can continue.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete