Pete, Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing various model vehicles with some certifications and training.
14928985

Where is the heater control valve 1995 star wagon, no the

Customer Question

where is the heater control valve 1995 star wagon
JA: Have you checked the coolant level? Has there been any leaking from the hoses?
Customer: no the heater does not get warm at all
JA: What is the model of your '95 Mitsubishi?
Customer: its a v6 starwagon 1995
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Category: Australia Car
Expert:  Pete replied 5 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

If your model has a heater control valve it is usually in line with the heater core hoses leading from the engine to the firewall in the engine bay area.If the hose is hot up to the valve with the heater on and engine warmed up and running but not after the valve then most likely the valve has failed needing replaced.

If you do not see a valve feel both heater core hoses with the engine warmed up and running and heater on.If one is hot and the other is cold or much cooler then the heater core is restricted and needs either flushed out or replaced.If both hoses are hot to the touch and the same feel in temp then most likely this is a fault with the temperature actuator needing replaced.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete