Pete, Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing various model vehicles with some certifications and training.
14928985

Holden ve ssv ute the ctrl light has come on the dash

Customer Question

Holden ve ssv ute the ctrl light has come on the dash display
JA: Have you checked the fuses? The dashboard bulbs?
Customer: No were are they located
JA: What is the model/year of your Holden?
Customer: 2010 ve ssv v8
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: No it came on when i started the engine,, its says check your engine then the stability sighn comes on
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Category: Australia Car
Expert:  Pete replied 5 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

The light or messages you see here indicate that one or more computers have detected a fault in your vehicle.What has to be done from here is to have the fault codes read out/checked using a fully compatible scan tool or computer plugged into your vehicles data port.Once the codes are read out they can then be diagnosed to help locate and repair this fault here.This can be a large number of different components at fault so the codes do need to be read out to help locate and repair this issue.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete