EricFromCT
EricFromCT, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master certified L1, L2, Diesel Certified 16 years experience
34559540

TO START THE CAR, BUT HE CAR WONT START AND THE DASHBOARD

Customer Question

I'M TRYING TO START THE CAR , BUT HE CAR WONT START AND THE DASHBOARD SAYS PUT YOUR FOOT ON BRAKE, AND MY FOOT IS ON THE BRAKE
JA: Have you checked the battery, particularly the terminal connections? Are they corroded?
Customer: NO
JA: What is the model/year of your VW?
Customer: THERE IS POWER FROM THE BATTERY, AS EVERYTHING ELSE TURNS ON
JA: What year is your VW?
Customer: TOURAG
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: 2005
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: NO.THATS ALL
Category: Australia Car
Expert:  EricFromCT replied 5 months ago.

Hi. Welcome to chat! My name is ***** ***** have been a dealer tech for 20 years. I will attempt to assist you with your concern today.

If the message PUT FOOT ON BRAKE keeps coming back, the car is not seeing your input from the brake pedal switch. Likely you need a new brake switch. But it is always a good idea to at least look at the wiring near the switch connector to make sure it is all in tact and nothing is broken.

Please also note that customer satisfaction is my number one goal and rating this chat session positive will keep the chat open for further follow up questions you may have.
CLICK HERE for rating system example.
Please read this:
Understand it's not one answer and done. We can communicate back and forth many times.
1. I am an independent FACTORY DEALER auto mechanic and do not work for Just Answer.
2. When you're pleased or happy with my assistance or efforts to help you, at the top of the screen please rate me or reply and say "I'm satisfied".
3. Rating does not close the post and you're more than welcome to follow up.
Thanks for using Just Answer, Eric

Thank you for viewing my previous response. Please let me know if you have made progress or need more info. Otherwise please take a quick moment to rate my assistance. Thank you.

CLICK HERE for rating system example.
Please read this:
Thanks for using Just Answer, Eric